We have put together some items that you may wish to check / further investigate before you carry out any VOIP Install.
- Ensure the Internet line has Quality of Service (QoS) i.e Voice is prioritised over data.
- The router has QoS enabled.
- The router has SIP ALG Switched off; see Supported Routers for advice on disabling SIP ALG.
- Bandwidth planning has been undertaken; see Bandwidth Planning for our handy planning guide.
- Have babblevoice compatible handsets been chosen, if an alternative handset has been chosen, has one been sent off to babblevoice for testing?
- Have you considered all the other equipment in your office? Old network switches, or network switches which are daisy chained together will cause huge quality issues, save yourself some hassle and ensure they are up to date.
- If you are considering using softphones on computers? Consider the capability of your user and also the quality of the computer and headset you intend to use with it. Have a look at Supported_Phones for more information on specific phones. If you are unsure, you will get less issues if you run with a good Polycom phone.
- Are you planning to migrate existing numbers; see Porting for our porting of numbers wiki.