Netvibes Gadget Update
After a couple of years of organic development it was time to review and tidy up our Netvibes Gadgets.
We chose Netvibes as our reporting engine as we recognised that babblevoice Data was not your complete world. Netvibes allows you to look at data from all over the Web. It is a company and personalised dashboarding web site which can help with:
- Brand monitoring – to track clients, customers and competitors across media sources all in one place, analyze live results with 3rd party reporting tools, and provide media monitoring dashboards for brand clients,
- e-reputation management – to visualize real-time conversations and social activity feeds, and track new trending topics,
- product marketing – to create interactive product microsites, with drag-and-drop publishing interface,
- community portals – to engage online communities,
- personalized workspaces – to gather all essential company updates to support specific divisions (e.g. sales, marketing, HR) and localizations.
And when we developed our Netvibes Gadgets, 2 years ago:
- Monitor your business’s key call stats.
Firstly, our data centric gadgets:
- Call CDR,
- reporting per device,
- reporting per number,
- reporting per queue.
- Call CDR looks at Call Data Records (the calls you made in and out of your business). You can view them as a table or as a Gantt chart. Listen to the * call recording – if available and search by caller id or dialled number and date.
- The other 3 gadgets have access to statistics based around the device (phone), the number (the public facing phone number) and a queue(s). These 3 gadgets provide access to a large range of data so you have plenty to choose from when deciding what means good customer service to your customers.
Then, our miscellaneous collection:
- domain status,
- domain balances,
- real time queue.
Think of voicemail as visual voicemail where you can playback and manage your voicemail in a much easier way than dialing 1 for… Domain status allows you to set and see a status against a domain (see below for more information). Domain balances gives you a chart showing you the financial balance of the domains you have access to.
Real time queue gives you exactly that – a real time view of callers in your queues!
So what did we update?
- We added a whole new gadget, reporting by queues, which can look at statistics like “number of caller per hour for the last week”, “maximum wait time by hour for the last 30 days”, “number of callers abandoning waiting for the last week” plus many more, these statistics are all per queue,
- we tidied up the general look to be more consistent across the gadgets,
- we popped the Gantt chart gadget into the call CDR gadget,
- we removed some underused graphs (calendar, guage, word) in favour of a much more useful scatter chart,
- we made playing recordings and voicemail much easier by putting the player in the gadget,
- we added an option for a switch for domain status, this means you can define a switch with “open” and “closed” as you domain status, you can then have you calls in do different things based on flipping this switch.
As an added bonus for the developers out there, all of these gadgets use the same API we publish that you have access to, all of this functionality can be built into your own application.
Overall a big tidy up, we hope you like the changes and additions.
The babblevoice team
By Nick Knight, Dec 2, 2015