Stock library of sounds
One of the tasks of setting up a phone system is to configure your auto attendant. You know - the bit where a patient calls your surgery and they hear “Thank you for calling Canal Side Surgery, please dial one to use our automated services or two to speak with reception”.
Now, you may have gathered, whilst we provide text to speech to make creating a prompt easily, we are not a huge fan of them - mainly because, as good as our text to speech engine is, callers know what it is. Unfriendly, automated, uncaring.
We have always encouraged our users to record their own voice prompts. Hearing a local voice welcome the caller is definitely the way to go. But a very good second option is professionally recorded prompts.
We use a collection of these in our “off the shelf” EMIS/SystmOne auto-attendant. So we decided to record some additional “stock” recordings we hope you may find useful. The most pertinent one today is surgery_coronavirus.wav
How to use
- Navigate to the babblevoice console
- Go to the “Stuff” tab
- Select “Voice Prompts” (or add it if you do not have it enabled)
- Select Edit
- Under configure switch on “Stock Library”
- The additional files will appear in you list
- surgery_coronavirus.wav: If you have travelled abroad in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus please check the government’s gov.uk website for the latest COVID-19 travel advice, you may need to call or go online to NHS 111 for further advice before making or attending your appointment.
- surgery_thankyouforwaiting.wav: Thank you for waiting. One of our receptionists will be with you as soon as they become available.
- surgery_forinformationabout.wav: For information about.
- surgery_pleavisitwebsite.wav: please visit our website.
- surgery_pleasecancel.wav: If you are unable to attend an appointment, please remember to cancel it via phone, text or online.
- surgery_dental.wav: If you are experiencing dental problems, such as toothache or gum problems, you will need to see a dentist as this is not something we will be able to treat.
- surgery_patientaccess.wav: Patient Access is your way to book or cancel an existing appointment. For access, please see reception with a form of photo ID.
- surgery_moving.wav: Moving home or changing your contact details? Please inform us so that our records are up-to-date.
- surgery_receptionteam.wav: Our reception team may ask you for an outline of your problem to ensure that you see the most appropriate member of the team. Please be assured that this information is completely confidential.
- surgery_cancel.wav: If you are unable to attend an appointment, please remember to cancel it via phone, text or online.
- surgery_useautomated.wav: to use our automated booking system, please dial 1.
- speakreception.wav: to speak with someone from our reception team please dial 2.
- toleave.wav: to leave our queue at any time and request a callback, please dial 5.
- surgery_callrecording.wav: please note, this call may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
- surgery_closed.wav: the surgery is now closed, please wait while we forward your call to our out of hours service
- surgery_closed111.wav: the surgery is now closed, if you have a medical emergency, please ring 9 9 9, if you are unwell and need advice ring NHS 1 1 1 or consult your local pharmacy
There are also a whole host of recordings which are used in our EMIS/SystmOne auto-attendant - you can also use those as well.
The babblevoice team
By Nick Knight, Mar 3, 2020