It is important that you read and understand this document.
By subscribing to babblevoice services you are agreeing to the following terms of business.
All or any part of the business (VOIP services, facilities, software and gadgets) which we own and operate, as described from time to time on the website.
Anyone you authorise to use the services.
Babble Limited, a UK company (registered number 7409196) whose registered office is at 121 High Street, Berkhamsted, Herts HP4 2DJ.
Our website www.babblevoice.com, as changed by us from time to time.
The Docs part of the Website, www.babblevoice.com/docs/ (the main documentation repository for all things babblevoice), as changed by us from time to time.
You, the subscriber to the Services
- In return for you paying any charges which we charge for the Services, we agree to use reasonable endeavours to provide the Services to you and we licence you to use them for as long as you wish and for as long as your account with us remains in credit.
- We may change and improve the Services and the way we provide them from time to time. (We aim constantly to develop and release new features; and our software continues to evolve to become more stable and reliable.)
- We will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Services (for example to connect each call). But we are not responsible for your power supply, for the devices you use nor for the systems you use (e.g. your LANS or the WANs you rely on, the quality of your internet connection, or the fickleness of the internet generally).
- Some of the Services are or incorporate open source software and we do not accept any responsibility for them.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for how you and your Users use the Services. For example:
- You and your Users must read the Docs so you understand how the Services work and how you must use them
- You and your Users must follow any other instructions we give you
- Calls to the emergency services may not be possible using the Services and even if they are the emergency services may not be able to locate you. You must enter and maintain the addresses of all Users for the purposes of assisting the 999 call services and must follow all instructions on the Docs. If you do not have an external number set up on your domain, your location will not be sent to the emergency services if a 999 call was to be made.
- You and your Users must comply with all relevant laws relating to how you may use the Services, and must use the Services responsibly and respectfully to others.
- You are responsible for how you choose to protect the security of your account.
- We reserve the right to terminate all Services with immediate effect and without notice if we believe we have good reason to do so.
- You must indemnify us against any liability or losses we suffer as a result of the way in which you use the Services.
- Charges for Services for which we charge are as described and explained in the Docs from time to time.
- WARNING! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE DO NOT GIVE CREDIT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH US REMAINS IN CREDIT. WHEN YOUR CREDIT EXPIRES WE MAY TERMINATE THE SERVICES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AND WITHOUT WARNING. SO FOR EXAMPLE:
- CALLS MAY BE CUT OFF IMMEDIATELY (even if you or any user is in the middle of a call)
- YOU MAY LOSE ANY RENTED PHONE NUMBERS, WHICH WILL BE RETURNED TO THE POOL AND MAY BE DISTRIBUTED TO SOMEONE ELSE.
- It is administratively difficult and expensive for us to give refunds for any credit balances on your account with us. If you stop using any Services after one month from first starting you will not recover any such credit balances. If you stop using the Services within the first month we will refund any credit balance less a £50 nominal administration charge.
- On any orders which include hardware or professional services, due to the extensive engineering time involved in configuring and testing your telephony equipment, no refunds can be made once payment is received.
- You may have accessed the Services using the services of a third party (a reseller). WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING A RESELLER MAY HAVE SAID OR PROMISED TO YOU.
- Our Information Security Policy can be viewed here.
- If by any chance we are held to be liable to you for any reason whatsoever (other than death or injury of anyone caused by our negligence) under contract, tort or any other law:
- we shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage; and
- the amount of our liability shall be capped at the amount that you paid us, in relation to any of your Users who were affected, in the 12 months prior to the liability arising.
- As babblevoice has no minimum term contract, we can be held in no way responsible for the terms of any other 3rd party contract you may enter into. You are responsible for selecting providers with terms agreeable to you and you are responsible for honouring those terms. These responsibilities cannot be transferred to babble Ltd.
- These terms of business are governed by English law.
- Our relationship with our resellers is covered by our reseller agreement